Monday, February 8, 2010

Romper Room


Apparently the "Romper Room" was some really popular children's television show in the 50's (or is it 60's?). Well, since last spring, I've been contemplating this romper trend in fashion. Is it, like the television show and the cereal, only for kids?


When I posed the Romper issue to my mom many months ago, she gave this seemingly wise response: "Some trends are over for a reason." She said this with a quizzical, eye-brow raised, 'oh my god please don't tell me you are going to wear one of those' look.


So I put the thought aside. Until now. For some reason the rompers have creeped back into my brain, and I can't get them out!


I have three main questions when it comes to these guys:

1. Can I even pull it off in the first place? Will I be ballsy enough to actually walk out of my apartment in one? Or will I simply prance around in the mirror and then chicken out?


2. Will it make me look 8 years old? I ask this question constantly, and I think the kid-factor ramps up with this.


3. Will it even look good on my frame? I am petite, obviously. But more than that, I have a very, very short torso (and luckily, very, very long legs). The joke is that my body type is kind of like one of those stick figures that kids draw with just a head and then long legs coming out from the head. Will this romper thing accentuate that?


I have not even tried one of these bad boys on yet. In a recent online search, a lot of the rompers I saw have WAY too much material and are WAY too busy for my frame. This one by Aqua from Bloomies is a possibility, but again, I'd have to try it on to find out...

1 comment:

  1. I think rompers are kind of cute. It definitely depends on the style if you'll look childish. I'd go for something more sophisticated than the traditional rompers you'd find at F21 and the like. If you have long legs, that's a plus especially if you're petite because it can make you look taller.

    ReplyDelete