Monday, February 1, 2010

Can I still get away with it?



You know you know what I mean. You've done it too, I just know it....




Shop in the kids' department.




I said it. I've done it. I definitely did it a lot more when I was in high school and college. But even still, I ocassionaly visit the kids' department (or plain old kids' store) to find things. Right now I own three pieces that I know are from a kids department or store:

1. Red courdory A-line skirt from Talbots Kids. I bought it last year in exchange for a gift I returned (from the regular store). I wore it today and received a compliment from a professional woman. I almost told her where I got it, but bit my tongue. Sometimes it's better to keep certain things to yourself, right? Unfortunately, Talbots dropped their kids' line: http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/01/05/mens_childrens_lines_are_out/




2. Pink and brown striped sweater from H and M's Kids Line: It is a size 14, I've had it for 2 years, and I love it. It looks a lot like this: except I'm definitely not Kate Moss.


3. My ski jacket! It's a Columbia and I got it as a present this holiday season. I actually tried it on and fell in love BEFORE figuring out it was a kid's size. I have it in white, but here it is in blue:



No comments:

Post a Comment