Monday, February 1, 2010

Barn Coat for Petites

So the SECOND that riding boots came back on the scene, I had this weird urge to buy a barn coat. I had one in middle school; it was that pretty cranberry red with brown courdory accents. Ahh, middle school. I used to hang out with a kind of 'horsey' crowd. These girls all had money, took horseback riding lessons, and were just the epitome of cool in my eyes. In seventh grade, I finally convinced my mom to let me take riding lessons too. I loved the outift (jodphurs, boots, a velvet riding helmet...) and the sport. Unfortunately I was so busy with my real hobby, dance, that I gave up on it after that year. I think my parents (and their wallets) breathed a sigh of relief at the end of that phase.


I did love that barn coat, and so now I'm thinking of buying one again! I can't decide if it's on the precipice of trendy, or just a random old fad that I'm trying (and failing) to bring back. The thing that is swaying my decision most is that L.L. Bean makes a barn coat in petite sizes! Here's the one I might purchase:
It does kind of look non-trendy...but I think with the right accessories and outfit I can 'make it work'!

No comments:

Post a Comment