Thursday, February 18, 2010

Disney Is for Kids?

I'm writing this blog post quickly from Disney World in Florida. I have only a few minutes before we rush off to Epcot.

So we all know, Disney is for kids. I could probably write several blog posts about all the fun things there are to do for adults, but what I wanted to write about (complain about) today is the retail clothing!

They have several very cool, vintage-y t-shirts for sale in one of the Magic Kingdom boutiques. I was excited to find at least three different styles I liked....only to have the familiar, sinking feeling of shifting through the sizes. M. M. M. L. L. XL. XXL. No S. No smalls. Being used to this phenomenon, I tracked down a salesperson to inquire if they had anymore 'in the back'. Before the question was out of my mouth, she curtly repiled, "No, we don't have anymore smalls."

Disney dreams, crushed. I probably should thank Disney for saving me the $35 or whatever ridiculous amount they were going to (over)charge me for the t-shirt. But still, I wish I had the option to waste my money just like the larger folk....

I'm off to Epcot! Maybe they'll have a 'Figment' t-shirt in size S. Hey, it's Disney. A girl can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment