Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The thrill of the hunt

I was thinking that sometimes I'm complaining about having to look so hard to find clothes that fit, when really I secretly enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I'm just that kind of shopper--I enjoy going to a store and going through racks, hoping to find something amazing (yes, I'm talking about stores like Filene's Basement and Nordstrom Rack). I love the idea of 'competitive shopping'...one of the things I look forward to most at Thanksgiving is going shopping that NIGHT at midnight at the Wrentham Outlets. It's festive, and holiday-ey, and there's some camaraderie around the craziness of shopping at that time of night, but there's also that glimmer of 'I'm the first one here, and I want to find the deal first!". A lot of my friends despise this kind of shopping. I was brought up to not only enjoy it, but to seek it out.

It's kind of like that with finding petite clothes in general. It might be more work to find things, but maybe the reward is greater and we actually appreciate well-fitting clothes more than the average Jill?


By the way, the following picture is a. not of me and b. demonstrates yet another area where being short is kind of a disadvantage

No comments:

Post a Comment