Monday, February 14, 2011

the return

Wow. It's been about 10 months since my last post! For shame, for shame. So much has happened since my then. I rehabbed my reconstructed ACL, got a new job and apartment in Washington, DC, and got engaged! All of this seems no excuse for my blog-neglect, but it's all I've got. So I'm back in the saddle again, and hope to post regularly (at least 3 times a week)!
I wanted to start by posting a few petite-friendly wedding gowns that I've found. I already bought mine, but I won't post it here until after the wedding :-)
The first one is a beautiful, simple, and classic gown by Anne Barge. The pockets make it unique and a bit sassy. I actually tried this on and loved it, although it didn't end up being 'the one'. It flattered my petite frame and was 'princess-ey' without swallowing me whole.

















Another option is going short, but is it really an option? I am not completely traditional, but still would feel a bit TOO avant-garde/disrespectful wearing a short wedding dress. In addition, a lot of them are tea length, which is not so flattering for us shorties. And the ones that aren't tea length are sometimes a bit silly looking in my opinion, like this Priscilla of Boston:

I think a good option for us petite brides is a more sheathe-like shape. I was looking for something other than strapless, and I imagined getting something like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment